Community Action of Northeast Indiana (CANI) is now Brightpoint. While our name has changed, or mission is the same: Brightpoint helps communities, families, and individuals remove the causes and conditions of poverty. Brightpoint is the lead agency for Covering Kids and Families of Northeast Indiana (CKF-NEIN). Check us out at www.mybrihgtpoint.org/CKF.
CKF-NEIN is comprised of over 50 partners and currently services 10 counties in Northeast Indiana including: Allen, Dekalb, Elkhart, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash and Whitley Counties. We have established office locations and partnerships in all 10 counties. To schedule an appointment in all offices go to www.mybrightpoint.org/CKF.
In 2014, the CKF-NEIN Coalition partners assisted 5,864 individuals with enrolling in the Hoosier Healthwise Programs, 1,228 individuals with enrolling in the Healthy Indiana Plan, and 1,210 individuals with enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Coalition partners also assisted 858 pregnant women with signing up for Presumptive Eligibility, allowing them to receive early prenatal care while their Medicaid applications were pending.
Covering Kids & Families of Northeast Indiana would not be possible without the support of our generous funders:
• Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne
• Covering Kids & Families of Indiana, Inc.
• Elkhart General Hospital, a Beacon Health System Partner
• English, Bonter, Mitchell Foundation
• K21 Health Foundation
• Kosciusko County Community Foundation
• Lutheran Foundation
• Managed Health Services (MHS)
• Otis R. Bowen Center
• Parkview Community Health
• Parkview LaGrange Foundation
• Parkview Noble Foundation
• Parkview Physicians Group Northeast OB-GYN
• Parkview Whitley Foundation
• United Healthcare
• United Way of Noble County