Community Action of Northeast Indiana (CANI) is now Brightpoint. While our name has changed, or mission is the same: Brightpoint helps communities, families, and individuals remove the causes and conditions of poverty. Brightpoint is the lead agency for Covering Kids and Families of Northeast Indiana (CKF-NEIN)
CKF-NEIN is comprised of over 45 partners and currently services 8 counties in Northeast Indiana including: Allen, Dekalb, Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, and Whitley Counties. We have established office locations and partnerships in all 8 counties.
In 2014, the CKF-NEIN Coalition partners assisted 5,864 families and individuals with enrolling in the Medicaid and CHIP Programs, 1,228 individuals with enrolling in the Healthy Indiana Plan, and 1,210 families and individuals with enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Coalition partners also assisted 858 pregnant women with signing up for Presumptive Eligibility, allowing them to receive early prenatal care while their Medicaid applications were pending.
Covering Kids & Families of Northeast Indiana would not be possible without the support of our generous funders:
• The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne
• Covering Kids & Families of Indiana, Inc.
• The Elkhart General Community Health Foundation
• English, Bonter, Mitchell Foundation
• The Lutheran Foundation
• Managed Health Services
• Parkview Community Health Foundation
• Parkview Noble Foundation
• Parkview Physicians Group Northeast OB-GYN
• Parkview Whitley Foundation